Palazzo Illica is a seventeenth-century palace, rectangular in plan and built out of terracotta and sandstone.
In 1800 it was transformed into a villa and it belonged to the family of Luigi Illica (who was the librettist of Puccini, Bellini and Mascagni) after whom it is named.
The complex rises at the foot of the hill known as Monte Rosso, opposite the walled town of Castell'Arquato.
The setting of the Arquatese gullies, the gently sloping hills covered in vineyards and the woods of downy oak embellish the old edifices which were built here due to its being a privileged position in comparison to the plains, yet at the selfsame time easily accessible.
The rustic buildings were conjoined in the 1800's and early 1900's, delimiting the enclosed layout of the estate as it appears today.
An enclosed layout is the best way to describe the Arquato estate: two perpendicular edifices (The Palace and The Stables, now the Corte Magnolia) define the ceremonial courtyard closed off by rustic trees which embellish the whole complex.
The surrounding area is taken up by the Garden and the Historical park and by areas allocated to raising horses: the guest parking lots are allocated between the green paddocks where steeplechase horses wander.
Book your living room
Accommodation in rooms with private bathroom,
breakfast is always included!